Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These fish like getting your attention, they think they are going to be fed. They freaked out a little after the first flash and started hiding.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aulonocara....

Well, I thought they were male and female nyassae (blue neon flavescent). They really look like maleri/chipoka species, from other images.

:-D Not really good with the names...just look pretty.
Hope this helps-

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pharmboy said:
These fish like getting your attention, they think they are going to be fed. They freaked out a little after the first flash and started hiding.
They look like a bunch of teens caught throwing a party when the parents were out of town :lol:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Party in our tank!!!

Party in our tank!!!...as long as Duke Lacrosse doesn't get invited [-X [-X

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
How many cichlids do you have in your 50 gallon? I'd like a shot of the entire tank so I can get an idea of how much room they have as I love cichlids and may do a cichlid tank in the near future.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Updated pics

There were some loses since my last pics. The BLOAT took out two of fishies, my male peacock and redfin borleyi. I inherited a 4" male and female orange zebra as replacements and brought them to my isolation tank. As soon as I introduced them the next week, she spits out 7 fry! Now I am freaking out I might siphon one of them up. I rearranged the tank to increase hiding spaces and they liked that. So far I have:
7.5" male cobalt zebra
7" male livingstroni
6.5" Frontosa
5" male yellow labidochromis
Pair of 3" orange zebras
3.5" Neo. leleupi
4" Syn. catfish
5" female peacock

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Wow! :shock: That is a really, really, did I say really nice tank!? I like the rocks and the wood you have in there are those rocks real or fake? I can't tell!!!

-David

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Parts to the tank...

I think someone asked/PM me about what I have in the tank.
Got the 50 gallon from glasscages.com (36"x18"x17") when they came to the Raleigh State Fairgrounds for $70.
Have agaronite substrate ($20) and colored glass pebbles ($10) in the bottom. The rocks are real and the driftwood root is really from an african lake ($80). This was obtained from someone who wanted to convert to saltwater. Wish I purchased all his stuff. One of the rocks is actualy a fake plastic ornament that I turned on its side and placed as a dome over some other rocks ($15). If you where to see it from the walls side you'd be looking inside its hollow cavity. That's where the catfish and cobalt likes to hide. The light is a single fluorescent tube from PetCo ($40). Lined the inside with aluminum foil. Used a jeweled metallic blue wrapping paper as a background. In the daytime it looks flat blue, but at night it reflects more lamp light giving the whole aquarium a bluish hue, as seen in the pic. Sort of a poor-mans LED.
I have a Rena filstar xP3 canister filter filled with the supplied filterpads, Al-gone, charcoal, and pillow stuffing (total $120). There is also a $40 heater installed that never stays suctiond to the glass.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fish for sale

I'm moving in June and selling the fish. If interested, check out the FS/trade site. After I move, I will sell the 1 yo. 50 gallon tank for $50. No scratches, and comes with makeshift clear acrylic cover.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts