Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help Please African Cichlid Setup

Greetings!

I have been out of the hobby for about 5 years, and my 5 & 6 yr olds wanted fish for their b-days. So, I have a great excuse to get started again....:sponge:

1. I am cycling my 75 gal tank and expect it ready around the 17th of Aug. Does anyone have a couple of malawi cichlids that they are willing to part with on the 20th? If so please pm me with details. I live between CH and Graham but willing to drive an hour if needed.

2. Also have used crushed coral, because I have not been able to find limestone locally. Has anyone else been able to source limestone locally? I tried a couple quarries, landscape comp., and rock masons to no result...

3. I also have 2 extra LED 30" tubes with 130 LED each if someone is interested in a trade for fish.

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey jackdcoop let me know how the crushed coral works for you as a substrate. I have real fine sand in my 125 its a pain btw lol..and aragonite in my 55. As for limestone im thinking your talking about holey rocks..yea they are really hard to find here in NC for a good price.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Welcome and look forward to seeing things progress!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there jus1time (Len),

Tx for the response. I like em all....lol I am looking for a couple of Ruby Red, German Red, Midnights but will be thrilled with anything to start it up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have some beautiful ruby red fry and some dragon blood fry. I also have some kyoga flameback fry. Im working on some Livua calvus (congo) and some white calvus which a pretty far off. I also have some albino bristlenose plecos that go well with the cichlids ( I have them in all my tanks. Email me at [email protected]
That goes for anyone else that would like some.
Len

1 - 6 of 6 Posts