Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really wanted to have custom built tank 84x24x24, but that not going to work out, unless anyone knows someone around raleigh builds tanks and stands/canopy? Looking for custom built oak stand and canopy?

So since I cannot get custom built tank, I was thinking about getting 84x24x30, but worried about the height. I guess I could go with stand that shorter around 30"

What your guys thoughts? I really want 7 foot tank rather than 6 foot and this seems to be my only option?

Thanks so much

·
Registered
530 Posts
Try Alex at the reef shack he may be able to assist

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming you already priced glasscages?
I did, and they have some great prices, but reviews seem to be hit or miss, mostly miss. So I was a bit worried about that. Do you have a tank from them or know anyone that does?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I maintain many glasscages tanks, I've only ever had one leak but that was long after we had stopped taking care of it, and one at the store cracked it we are pretty sure someone dropped a large rock against the bottom. For the price they are tough to beat.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I maintain many glasscages tanks, I've only ever had one leak but that was long after we had stopped taking care of it, and one at the store cracked it we are pretty sure someone dropped a large rock against the bottom. For the price they are tough to beat.
Thanks for the info, I am very tempted to order from them. You don't know anyone that sells 84x24x24 do you without getting into custom? The marineland tank would be great if it was not 30". If my wife would just let me get the 300 I want the problem would be solved. What wrong if tank sticks out 11 inches past living room Window and it looks funny :funny:

Do you have know anyone local that builds stands/canopy? If you don't want to post on here feel free to send PM.

Thanks again

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks for the info, I am very tempted to order from them. You don't know anyone that sells 84x24x24 do you without getting into custom? The marineland tank would be great if it was not 30". If my wife would just let me get the 300 I want the problem would be solved. What wrong if tank sticks out 11 inches past living room Window and it looks funny :funny:

Do you have know anyone local that builds stands/canopy? If you don't want to post on here feel free to send PM.

Thanks again
i am with you who needs windows our windows are our tanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought this was a good deal from glasscages

84 x 24 x 25 tall glass aquarium $ 835.00
1 back wall overflow and 4 holes $ 150.00
Starphire front and ends $ 276.00
Black silicone $ 75.00
Hinged glass tops $ 60.00
Acrylic cover $ 60.00
4 sch 80 bulkheads $ 60.00

Total $ 1516.00

what do you guys think about 1 center overflow setting up with herbie style drain. primary, backup and my 2 returns as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts