Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all. Into my third month beginning a saltwater tank. 65g, live rock and sand, protein skimmer, (canister filter from freshwater days), led lighting, several fish, assorted snails, pepper mints, hermits. I'm planning on adding an anemone for my mocha clown pair to host, and add some soft coral as soon as my LFS get the additional pods for my light strip in. So happy to stumble upon this site, and hope to get good advice and good deals on some coral and invertebrates.

Question for those in this a while--what are your top 3 'words to the wise' for a newbie?

I'm exciting to be here. Thanks!:YAY::YAY::YAY::YAY::

·
Registered
643 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Welcome to the addiction.

Three top words... tjohnson27209 and seaheard already have some good ones so I'll add:

Follow Good Advice.

Forums are great for gathering information and seeking advice... I've actually developed long time friendships from this forum. My suggestion would be to gather many viewpoints on a topic, do your own research and weigh it all out. Then follow the advice that has the most merit. Over the years I've seen someone ask for help and get many good responses. Then a month later they're posting the same or similar request for help because they decided that all the advice they received wasn't accurate and they were sure they could do it better the 'fast' or 'easy' way. Sadly, in this hobby, there's not many fast ways to solve problems.

Anyway... again, welcome to the addiction.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Welcome to CFT!

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Grain of salt

Listen and take advice, but apply your own sense as well. You have to decide your own path and every tank is a little bit different! Have a great time and welcome.
I wanted to write... there's always more than one way to skin a cat but that's way more than three words. Your's was better! ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow. Thanks for everyone's' responses! Such good advice. I do feel welcomed and accepted. And already addicted. It's a magnificent obsession.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Eat, drink and be merry. oops more than 3 words. Oh you wanted it related to reef keeping haha.

enjoy your tank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts