Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

nice shop

3K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  LKGRenegade22 
#1 ·
wow very suprized there no post here i went to this shop last week and was amazed at the corals there so many acans and acros plus more the kind of stuff you see an ebay only and more plus the guy that runs the place was quick to say hello which is always great

#28 ·
I'm puzzled by this bit about unpriced items. We have 12 employees; if we didn't label our corals we would be lost since everyone would have to guess!

Sure they are all in the register/ computer, but still it would be pretty chaotic, and when we do forget to label something or when there is a delay between getting the specimen and printing the label it's always a pain. I can't imagine a store doing this on purpose; what's the point?

#29 ·
When I've been in the SPS tank is usually priced, the other two coral tanks are set up more like display tanks so it would be difficult to have everything in them priced, imo.

That being said I do find it very frustrating getting a price especially when Bill is not there. Even when he's there sometimes you have to wait if he's serving other customers, which is understandable.

Usually by the time I've gotten prices on pieces I'm interested in I'm cranky and just want to leave and to be honest don't usually buy much, but that's just me.

#30 ·
Pricing

I'm a hobbiest first! I'm working on becoming more of a retailer. Prices will be posted soon.
My focus is on the animals. I realize that I can't make money if I'm frustrating my customers. I thought that quality, health and real answer should come first. I was obviously mistaken.
Changes are being made to make the store more customer friendly.

Happy Reefing, Bill

#31 ·
I met Bill when he first opened his doors a couple of years ago, I'm sure he doesn't remember me though. It is tough running your own show from ground up, you either have to be crazy passionate about what you're doing or just crazy. I remember speaking with him when he was wondering if he could maintain the store. I'm glad to see that his store is doing better and in a position that he can spend some time away from the store. I must admit I've also gotten frustrated by his store, this store was beautiful and he had such a wide variety of livestock, I would trek regularly with my girls from Apex only to find the store closed during business hours. Not faulting you for anything and I am not bitter. It's tough being in business for yourself. I think that any suggestions made to him concerning his store will be truly taken to heart and rectified.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.