Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

Ordering Corals Online

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  nova65ss 
#1 ·
Just wanted to get some ideas of online coral vendors that people have used before and the experiences they have had with them.

Were the WYSIWYG pieces you saw online similar in your tank or did the vendor photoshop the frag like crazy? Stuff like that, thanks...

#4 ·
Unique is good cheap shipping also.

Battle corals is good.

If you like ebay and don't mind dealing with auctions Goldenbasket is good and you can sometimes score some nice deals.

Aquasd is good and has sales every week on r2r. Not sure about his acros I hear the color isn't quite as advertised. I have bought from Will several times tho and his lps stuff is as advertised.

All of this is just what I hear tho no coral buying problems here....:)

#6 · (Edited)
Voodoo Corals is local but he has only the highest end stuff so it will be expensive.

R2R live sales seems to be the best place... Alot of the vendors we mention are on R2R and at some point it seems they will run a live sale so no real point in ever buying from a vendor online if they could do a sale on R2R.

Aqua SD has some ok stuff. I got some acros that were as advertised and I like them but I also got a 10 pack for $100.00 and it was supposed to have 3 ultra, 1 super and some normals. Everything I got from that pack seems pretty normal to me but I guess will see. Also, since he does do it every week, it doesn't seem like much of a sale then does it? Like shopping at Kohls where everything is marked down everyday just for you...

There is a guy named Gonzo who sells corals on R2R and he has lots of $20 - $40 items... He has expensive stuff but there is alot of nice LPS / Zoas and SPS at a reasonable price. I've done 2 of his live sales so far. Sort-of easy to get what you want during his live sales as long as you are behind a PC.

Kyle (kacorals) from Reef2Reef is near Florence, SC. He will ship or meet you at South of the Border and his prices for what you get (higher end collector's pieces) probably cannot be beat for what is available around here...

Kyle also has stuff like Hawkins, Pink Lemonades, Red Dragons etc that are priced well and regularly available. I have alot of Kyle's stuff in my tank and after a month or so stuff is coloring up and it is what he says it is.

Jason Fox and WWC both did live sales in the past month and Fox had some reasonable prices on things. The WWC sale was this past weekend and I seemed pretty meh to me. Their stuff is so expensive to begin with when they mark it on sale you feel like you are only saving a couple dollars.

#10 ·
Thanks for the replies...how do those live sales work? I've heard people talk about them but really don't know the steps to how they work or how you even pay for your items.

Can anybody give me the run down on how I would go about joining in on one of those sales?

#12 ·
If you do Aqua SD, you can just wait until the sale is over, go through pick what you want and send an email. He apparently has multiples of everything.

I don't think you are really saving any kind of money with Aqua SD.. He just moves alot of product and keeps prices low to get it out the door.

Gonzo's live sales. He has a #1 for each coral and when he posts, if you are first to reply with the number you want you get it.

CC, Fox, WWC put the corals on their website. They update the live sale thread with pics / price and link to the coral on the website. First person to buy gets the piece.

Some people, not all will allow you to combine shipping... If you do plan to do a live sale I would say something because I've combined shipping with a couple of people already this past year on a couple different sales.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.