Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Potters angel that I have had for about 2 years in a 30 gallon tank is losing its color. Has always been a copper color, but seems to be turning lighter every day. Levels are fine, lighting same, food same, no new tank mates. Nothing has changed. Led lighting. Any Ideas? Or is this normal as they grow?
Also...I have been thinking of moving him into my 90 with a bunch of established inhabitants. Bi color angel, scopus tang, coral beauty,six line, and a nasty mean clown. He would be the largest in the tank... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joke

Im about to turn the bi color into sushi. He is a picker... Bad purchase on my part. Was told he was reef safe. NOT!!
That was a joke. dont want anyone to think Id do that. But if I could catch him w/o dismantling my whole tank, Id trade him for some aptasia and a case of Ich.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm not convinced that there is such a thing as a Reef Safe angel of any variety.. Good luck catching him out!

The color fading on him could be due to a lack of appropriate nutrition. Not to say that you are not feeding proboperly, but that he may need something like an amino acid from a particular food source.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ending

Sorry to say he is gone. After weeks of getting pale, guess there was something bigger going on. Sorry I didnt figure it out sooner.

·
Registered
882 Posts
That stinks! If it happens again try adding a few drops of vita-chem and garlic guard to the food. If you can get them eating well, most of the time it will save them. Ovcourse the parameters need to be in check too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts