Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

Possibly selling tank, have question

799 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  treedog5 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been traveling more and more lately for work and now may possibly be moving. Needless to say maintenance of the tank has started to suffer a little bit as my wife is not the best at taking care of it while I'm away.

So I am contemplating selling it since I don't have the time and especially if we move. my question is what would it be worth if I sold it. I have a rough ball park of what I think it should bring, but don't know the market now-a-days and was curious as to everyone's input.

90g glass tank corner overflow, custom stand, 30g sump (3 chambers), fluval titanium heater, odyssea UV sterilizer, deep blue triton return pump and hydor spare backup, odyssea t5 lights, Sc160 skimmer, 2 dual power heads used to mix water, Spectrapure 4stage RO/DI, 10g hospital tank with lights/heater, misc maintenance stuff (scrubber, mag float, drip line, net, water tests, etc)...oh and instantreef coral insert (4FT0577)

livestock is large blue hippo, large copperband butterfly, medium Koran angel, medium/large coral beauty, medium blue spotted puffer, misc hermits

#2 ·
The best I could tell you would be to look at how much you spent for each piece and then take 50% off that. I have seen ppl sell 120 gallon tank stand and canopy for $250 and then the same day see a post asking $500 for a 40 breeder with stand and lights, it's truly up to the seller and how soon they need to move their stuff. So it's really a judgment call based on your situation, I would look at some current ads on this site to get a good ballpark figure and say OBO. Just my 2cents!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.