Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think a 40gal with overflow and sump would be good for a QT tank?

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
882 Posts
That would be a good qt you could keep it cycled with a damsel as the resident and when you needed it for a qt sump his little finny butt.
My problem would be not to turn it into a reef tank.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ha! I got a 28 cube to use as a QT and couldn't resist turning it into another display for my office. Couple of thoughts: When it comes to cycling the QT, you can keep a filter sponge in the sump of your main tank, then put it into the QT when you need biological filtration. A second and more radical (let the flames begin) is to ditch the QT altogether and feed all your fish with something like Seachem Focus and Metronidazole for a week or two when you add something new. I've used it to clear ick from a new arrival and found that other fish benefited, too. The Focus helps the Metronidazole bond to the food so the fish actually take it in.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
What about using an AIO as a QT tank?

Jim
You could certainly use an AIO as a QT tank. Most people just go cheap because once you use a tank and dose copper and meds etc. they are pretty much considered only QT tanks from then on out. Same goes for the equipment used in them, most folks would shy away from anything that was used in a copper treated system for example.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts