Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Quoyi Parrotfish is something that I've been looking for a couple of years. I got him from Inland Reef in Charlotte. This is the first one that I've seen in person.

Being a little new to the tank is somewhat camera shy, so it has been somewhat difficult to get any real good pics showing her color. Presently she is a female that looks to be changing to a male.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"OMG!!!" says the stylo "look at those chompers," and then turns white from FRIGHT!!!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

No, it's my blue LEDs that make the pink stylo look white. They are supposed to leave corals alone. Thus far all she has been munching on
is my algae, and she does eat byropsis. The ultimate herbivore reef fish.

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Awesome fish, I have been wanting one since back when "Pieter 6 meter" was the only person keeping one. They have become quite popular over the last year or so. Definitely on my list for the 300 upgrade.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why? Will they peck at it?
There is one person on RC that says that his Quoyi scratched his acrylic up pecking at algae. My tank is glass, and I've only seen him peck at the back. I'm sure if I let the front get algaed up; he'ld be up there pecking at the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts