Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going to Capital Cichlid Assoc's AquaMania this weekend (Feb 28-Mar2)? This is a great event, held in Gaithersburg, MD just north of DC. It alternates years with the All Catfish Convention. Great speakers and tons of hard-to-find fish.

capitalcichlids.org/aquamania/‎

Speaking of rare cichlids, there's a group of about 8 adult Canara Pearlspot Chromides (Etroplus canarensis) that somebody brought in to Aquarium Outfitters in Wake Forest recently. There are very few of these in the hobby and no new imports are likely as they are rare in the wild too (southwest India). I'm guessing the guy who brought them in probably got them from cichlid guru Eric Hanneman and Kelly before they moved back to OR. Unlike the other two chromide cichlids (Orange and Green Chromides) the Canara Pearlspot is strictly a freshwater fish, and does best in groups, rather than pairs. I hope these find their way to a good home (a breeder)!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Saw these guys on Saturday. Beautiful fish. Really made me want to buy them all. 60/trio is what they were asking and a fair price considering how rare they are. I don't know if these came from Eric or not but its interesting that this month in Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine his article is specifically on this species.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts