Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a panther grouper Sunday at the petco 25% off sale it was about 4" long and looked good but upon arrival to its new home it just stayed hidden in the rocks and would not come out. so when i got home yesterday i found it had passed away:confused:. Everything else in the tank is doing good and the grouper was not beat up or damaged in any way.
I guess im just out that $30 good thing it was on sale but i still hate to lose one that hasen't happend in a long time.:mad:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
I think you are better off without him, if that makes you feel any better...that fish gets about three foot long and ugly! Too bad, too, they are so cute as juvies! :banghead:

·
Registered
643 Posts
dont they do like 2 weeks or a month, if the fish dies take it back??

·
Registered
643 Posts
huh????? WTH???? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard!! Guess they stopped doing that!! What if the animal ws already in poor health but didnt show it?? I would email the corperate office on this one and someone would have to explain why thats the case right after you purchased it!!:insanity:

·
Super Moderator
1,397 Posts
Yeah I went through the same thing with petco, that's their policy and it's clearly printed on the receipt. I had purchased 2 chromis from their store and had them placed in QT, woke up the very next day and both were dead. I called and tried to get something out of the deal but they shot me down and said look at your receipt.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a note to anyone buying saltwater fish at the triangle petco in raleigh
The kid there looking after that stuff is really good about putting the date they get the fish into the store on the tag on the front of the tank.
Sometimes you have to pop them out to see it but it gives you a good idea how long a fish has been there and how its doing.
The panther i got had just come in and i new better but it was just one of those impulse buys:blob:
Not really any fault of petco's just the hazzards of the trade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts