Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

Seachem Prime

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bernwink 
#1 ·
I have used this product for years. I am used to the sulfur smell. I purchased a bottle recently and there was no sulfur smell but the bottle contents smelled like garlic. I called Seachem and they said they had some problem between Prime and Garlic Guard. They sent me a replacement bottle of Prime which I received yesterday. Again, no sulfur smell but contents had faint garlic smell. Left a message with Seachem. Tested tanks for chloramine - none present. Did they change this product? Anyone else notice this? I just want to be sure the product is working in my tanks and is what it says it is.

#2 · (Edited)
By no means should it smell like their 'Garlic Guard'. Have you tested your nitrate parameters after dosing with the alleged 'Prime'? I've used Prime fo umpeen years with no issues ever. Hard for me to wrap my head around this as Seachem in MHO would have recalled if an error on thier part. I know for a fact they keep test batches of ALL they producewith with given specifics for each.

I just received a new bottle of Prime, and again no issues.

#3 ·
I left message after 6pm yesterday so probably won't hear back from them until Monday. I tested my tank parameters and all were fine after dosing. I'm just wary of this change in smell and especially the second bottle (which they sent) still smelling like garlic and not sulfur.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.