Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what this is but I got a fish that had some brown blotches on it and it has now spread to more of the body. Fish seems happy and the blotches are not moving but more are appearing. Anyone know what this is?

·
Registered
176 Posts
If the fish is fat and healthy eating well,not scratching,flickering or hiding...Leave it alone.Some tangs shift colors,as the age or get older.....I would hate to see you nuke a healthy fish,from it going from adolesents to adulthood.......My two cents....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm definitely not going to nuke him he's eating well and is showing no signs that anything is wrong it seems.

·
Registered
689 Posts
That is a juvenile atlantic blue tang, I have seen juveniles stress really easily and go between the blue and yellow phases. I would bump up the nori/ veggies and soak with selcon and garlic extreme to give a boost

·
Registered
689 Posts
You can buy nori from the Asian aisle at the grocery store, it is dried seaweed and ingredients is only dried seaweed. You can then soak that in garlic extreme which you can get at a LFS or you can order selcon online and soak frozen food in that as well. Both are good to have on hand and occasionally add to food anyhow especially when a fish looks a little under the weather or you are adding new fish that may not want to eat at first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts