Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here is my entry into this contest. It is a custom built, by me, 10 gallon shallow reef tank. I was told that this was ok as long as i show how big it is to confirm that it is 10 gallons. I figure a 10 gallon shallow reef would be a cool thing to do I havent seen to many small shallow reefs, and i figured to be able to have any chance with you guys i needed somthing diffrent.

Here is the list with cost of my stuff now.

10 gallon tank N/A
Stand is a self on my 55gallon stand N/A
Filter is a Wisper 20 gallon I paid $15.00
Light is a 36" coral life PC with added on luner light i paid $35
Live sand was free had a ton laying around
Live rock was $5.00

Thats i think everthing as of now so i have spent $55 dollars of my $150 budget. Here are some pics that i have and my full build can be found here: http://www.carolinafishtalk.com/forum/members-tanks-setups/17930-55-gallon-10-gallon-shallow-reef-frag-tank-my-buddies-12-gallon-nano.html

Hope you enjoy and good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the comments. Blitzburggirl i could make you a tank simular to mine for around 30 i think i got mine on a deal and might be able to get it cheaper but if not i think i can do it for about 30 to 40 just let me know if your interested thanks.

O and i put my firat piece of live stock in it today... 1 blue legged hermit crab haha... found him in my 55 display and i put him in my 10 gallon so thats another $1.50 haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts