Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

T5 Question

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  enzo86 
#1 ·
Not trying to start a holy war here. I am trying to look into some lighting for a Red Sea 450 that I am building. I currently have 2 AI Prime HD's on a 40B. I was thinking about picking up a AI Hydra 52 and using all 3 on the 450. I have been doing more reading and I am now starting to lean towards T5's (ATI 48 6x54 dimmable) or possible a Pacific sun Diuna.

Can anyone provide some advise? I understand the difference in power usage, bulb replacement cost, heat. Just looking for ease of use, and ability to grow with me in the future (IE SPS etc)

TIA

#2 ·
If you want a light fixture that is set-it-and-forget-it go with an ATI t5.

If you have the time patience to figure out your LED percentages then they work just fine as well but they're much harder to dial in.

I have used both and prefer the ATI over the LED but I do use Reef Right Strips for the LED pop that you don't get with the t5.

If you already have led fixtures you could always add 1 - t5 tube to the front and the back of what you have that would be perfect.

I also have an ATI led hybrid that has both t5 and led best of both worlds. Even the 4 bulb hybrid puts out plenty of light and will grow whatever you want with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Another question, I run a Apex with i think has two 0-10v ports on it by default. Any way to connect the ATI or PAC SUN to it. I know the Dimmable ATI uses a internal controller. I see that bulk reef sells some ballast that look like they are controllable via the VDM on the Apex. Anyone do this before ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.