Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as a suggestion, a good way to take pictures that don't have the reflection from the flash in the picture which tends to white out a good portion of it, is to turn on some extra lights in the room and turn off the flash on the camera. Especially when the camera is up close to the tank.

I've taken some really nice tank/fish photos this way. I'll be posting them soon, since I haven't taken any in a while and I'd rather post some newer pictures, since I have more fish in the tanks now than when I took the pictures.

Reactions: reelsilly

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
FishFriend said:
Just as a suggestion, a good way to take pictures that don't have the reflection from the flash in the picture which tends to white out a good portion of it, is to turn on some extra lights in the room and turn off the flash on the camera. Especially when the camera is up close to the tank.

I've taken some really nice tank/fish photos this way. I'll be posting them soon, since I haven't taken any in a while and I'd rather post some newer pictures, since I have more fish in the tanks now than when I took the pictures.
Thanks for the info, I have added this information in the sticky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well if your taking pictures of the tank (not moving fishes). You can slow down the shutter speed (use a tripod), turn the tank light on and all room lights off. That way the tank will be better lit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts