Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

Thanks To the Crew at The Fish Room Wilmington

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Cybit 
#1 ·
Just wanted to give out a big thanks to the crew at the Fish Room in Wilmington. I Recently started looking for stock to work on my shark breeding project and these guys have gone above and beyond in helping me out with my program.
It took Bryan, Jeff and Kathy a bit of hunting and alot of hard work on their part I'm sure. But they scored big for me with an absolutely beautiful breeding pair of Heterodontus francisci (California Horne Sharks).
Thanks so much guys, I'll be a customer for life!

#4 ·
Thank you for the interest -
Right now they're in quarantine, it's an 8'x5'x24" tank that works out to be about 565 gallons. From there they'll be moved into a grow out tank which is a 9' x 24" diameter tank that works out to be about 4000 gallons.
This gives me time to build the breeding tank which will be a 14' x 36" diameter roughly 14,000 gallon tank. Which I'm chomping at the bit to start building.
Here's a pic of the grow out tank cycling, both before sand and after. Roughly two weeks left for it to finish cycling and the rest of their equipment to come in and be set up.
Sorry for the crappy pics, still getting to know my new phone.

#5 ·
Took me a few to find these pics, this is the quarantine tank. It was originally my 600 gallon lagoon build, but I've learned tons from the original build and have made some improvements on it. It's ended up being nothing like I had envisioned and it's certainly not pretty/pleasing to the eye, but it does it's job flawlessly.
It's using the AquaMaxx EM650 protien skimmer, a pressurized sand filter, degas tower, deep sand bed and a de-nitrification filter.
Once my shark tanks are finished, cycled and running this tank will become my main display tank again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.