Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

To catch a fish

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CritterHeaven 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone have a good way to catch a specific fish without tearing your tank apart? I have a starry Benny that is picking on a lot of my other fish and needs a new home. Certainly before I move the seahorses in he and the large Anthias have must go.

#4 ·
Yes in my 80. I need to take the Blenny and the anthias out at a minimum. Trying to figure out who else needs to come out. Hoping my spotted mandarin and red scooters get along.

#6 ·
When I needed to remove a fish before, a fish trap wasn't available so I cut the top off a 2L sprite bottle. I cut two holes on the top which I strung monofilament through in a loop. I didn't feed the tank for a day and then dropped weighted food in the jug and lowered it in. And bam the fish was in the jug

#7 ·
Well I caught them. I ended up taking out the rocks that I want out of that tank anyway. And a bunch of water for a water change. The blennie came out easily, I just pulled the rock he likes to hide in (and then put it back after he came out of it). The anthias was a little harder but not terrible. She is a bit traumatized (me too lol). oh well now they are out and pending sale already. The 80g looks pretty empty at the moment as I have the nems, those two fish and a bunch of rock in a 25G temporary home. Anyone need some live rock LOL

Hoping to move my seahorses in to the 80g once I have the temperature down. Will have more coral to sell thouch mostly softies.

Reactions: oceandude
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.