Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have been wanting to get one of these or a Kole for a while now. I saw a Two Spot Bristletooth Tang yesterday. It was very dark in color though. Thought about getting it but decided to wait. Out of those three, which do you prefer? Which is more peaceful and well behaved, ie. not picking at corals or turning into a bully?

Sorry to hijack the thread. :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
All three are very well behaved. I have a tomini tang and he works like crazy, very reef safe pecking and cleaning the rocks. I dont think you can go wrong with either one..

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bristletooth tangs are great workers in the tanks. I consider them part of the clean up crew do to cleaning the rocks, glass and picking deitrus off the sand.
We had a kole tang in our 36g while we set up our 75g and noticed some cuts on his side. We had him mostly healed up and moved him over but after a month in the 75 we lost him. The tang and the fox face were best buddies swimming aroung the tank. He was constanly cleaning the glass, rock and sand. Had a great personality and got along with the other fish.
I heard a few people saying they lost there kole tangs and didn't want to chance another. Could be just a flook because they are all suppose to be hardy.
I looked at a blue eyed bristletooth and it reminded me to much of a kole and it's belly was a little thin for me. The Tomini looked really good and didn't even stress through the acclimation time and just chilled when he went into the tank. He ate immediately when I put food in. We have had him in qt for 5 days so far and has looked great.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 100 gal peaceful tank that is reef/fish. I am missing tangs. I can get 2 more fish; that's it..... One I really want is a blue hippo tang but what other would you recommend?

Again, needs to pair in a peaceful tank (current fish: 2 per clown, 2 firefish, 2 anthenis, 3 green chromis, 3 lemon chromis, 3 cardinal fish, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 orange spotted goby, 1 blue spotted rabbit fish, 1 hoeven wrasse)

Heather

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 100 gal peaceful tank that is reef/fish. I am missing tangs. I can get 2 more fish; that's it..... One I really want is a blue hippo tang but what other would you recommend?

Again, needs to pair in a peaceful tank (current fish: 2 per clown, 2 firefish, 2 anthenis, 3 green chromis, 3 lemon chromis, 3 cardinal fish, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 orange spotted goby, 1 blue spotted rabbit fish, 1 hoeven wrasse)

Heather
I sent you a pm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts