1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what ever happened with this?
Is it still running?
Does it have a website?

I've lived in Myrtle Beach my whole life and I've been in aquariums for 4 years now, I'd love to get something local!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Cichlidot,
We had a good following, however the club lacked active, driven and creative leadership. That not to say that the leadership were bad people. Just very buzy folks. I have alway said that the club needs a active promoter. I did everything I could to move the club forward twice.
Maybe is time to try again???
Bruce

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
caught me off guard as well guys but its posted under the MBAC posting. So it makes sense when you see where its posted.

I do not think they are too active at this time. Bruce @ Sea Critters would be a great person to speak with I think he was evolved with the club.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
This club has been picked up and dropped several times - there is a business very eager to support it and work with you - Bruce at Sea Critters has wanted a club in Myrtle to pal around with for a long time! He may know some more updates than I, but I believe the way it sits is that it needs someone to work on it - maybe you? :D

Say "Yay" or something if you are also in the Myrtle area and want a club - once four of you say "yay" you will have officers. ;) Let me know if you need any help, have been working with clubs for many many years - was VP of the biggest aquarium club in the state for a few years (RAS - fresh and salt - but more fresh than salt. ;))

Anyway, lmk, happy to turn ya in the right direction to get this off the ground! :)

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Heh! Didn't see you in here when I posted, Bruce! :D And we all started talking about you at once, lol, you were the main biz to support this club!

Maybe we can clean up the inactive clubs on here (say, over a year no posts, lol) and do a little work figuring out if there is an existing club within range of places with a demand for a club? Is the Columbia club too far for people in Myrtle? (Puffy is bad at geography, sorry!) :0 Bruce is ready to back a club in a big way within reach of his customer base in Myrtle, I know that much, right Bruce? :D (And of course Sea Critters attends and supports other clubs and events like ReefSMART much farther away)

If you are a reefer in MB and want a club to go to, please post your thoughts here - it's all about you! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm talking to Puffy about the former MBAC members joining the SCAA (South Carolina Aquaria Association) since we are growing rapidly in the Up-state and we need to grow in the low-state just as fast! I am SCAA's leader for the low-state and it would be great to get all of the people that were in the MBAC to join! Once we have 20 members willing to come to a meet we can get one organized and grow from there! For those of you that attended the 1st Carolina Aquatics Trade Show just look at what we can do! :)

South Carolina Aquaria Association

1 - 12 of 12 Posts