Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a planted 20 gallon Red Cherry Shrimp Breeding tank. All Shrimp are selectively bred for their "Redness" out of hobby. I have had this colony breeding for the last two years and have now over populated my tank so I am looking to thin out my population, as well as spread the FW Invert hobby around.

Red Cherries are the perfect cleaning crew as well as a beautiful addition to any FW Aquarium. The Prices are as follows:

Super Red Juvenile mixed Shrimp (Mixture of Males and Females)-$2

Contact me with any interest at [email protected]

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Hmmmm. I would love some of these in my planted 180. Wonder if my clown loaches would have them for lunch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm. I would love some of these in my planted 180. Wonder if my clown loaches would have them for lunch
Yeah they are a great addition to planted tanks, I find it really adds to a planted community to see these bright red little cleaners on your plants and decor. As for the Clown loaches, I've found that RCS are very capible of surviving predation (wheather the Loaches would see them as food or not I do not know). I have a colony in my 75 gal planted with the carnivorous Angel Fish and have had no problems, if that is an indication.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
I would like to get a dozen or so. But I wont be in Greenville for a few weeks (need to deliver some seahorses). Any chance I can pay now and pick them up then?

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
That would be awesome. Should I PM you to arrange a meeting place/time?

Sean let me know how you would like me to pay for them.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
****edited to say let me start with 5 and make sure my discus and loaches don't make a quick meal out of them

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would love to get some too (about 10)....
Saltwateraddict....would you be coming this week or follwoing weekend to raleigh...If yes, could you please get some for me too along with Kim's order?
Sean, please let me know how you want me to pay for them?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I've tried ghost shrimp on many occasions...any time my Jack Dempsey is in the tank you never see them after I first put them in. They hide and/or escape until eventually they all die. When the JD isn't in the tank & its just my bichirs & pictus cat etc etc, they did fine & hung out all day.

Would this be a good indication of how this would go with cherry shrimp? I would LOVE to have some shrimp that would stick around in my tank but I know chances are pretty slim:\

Also...how many shrimp are you putting in each 'mixture'?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've tried ghost shrimp on many occasions...any time my Jack Dempsey is in the tank you never see them after I first put them in. They hide and/or escape until eventually they all die. When the JD isn't in the tank & its just my bichirs & pictus cat etc etc, they did fine & hung out all day.

Would this be a good indication of how this would go with cherry shrimp? I would LOVE to have some shrimp that would stick around in my tank but I know chances are pretty slim:\

Also...how many shrimp are you putting in each 'mixture'?
Ghost shrimp are typically bigger than the Red Cherries and have of course their own natural camoflauge which would help prevent predation. With the size difference and the RCS bright red coloration I wouldn't rely on the experiances of the ghost shrimp as to wheather or not they would get eatin, but Red Cherries are pretty good survivors in my experiances.

Sorry I was unclear, the $2 is for ea. shrimp it would be a random sex was what I was referring to either male or female.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Sean's right. Cherry shrimp are pretty hardy. I've seen them grown outside and even overwintered outside (!!). I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen them in 45 degree water with my own eyes.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Do you have any of these left?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts