Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a yuma mushroom that used to be really big and now it is slowly shrinking. All perameters are on point, and there are other yumas, ricordia, and rhidactus in the tank that are thriving. I use peroxide to dip my zoas and that works really well for me. Could I use peroxide to dip the yuma? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
767 Posts
He is reacting to the H2O2... much like a small burn. Hopefully it slimes off and he will recover. Id hit him with a turkey baster in a seperate container to remove as much slime as you can. Maybe someone with a little more mushroom experience with chime in here, but it looks like it was more of a defensive reaction than anything.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Mushrooms hate hydrogen peroxide. Zoas and palys seem to do ok. I use it to get rid of algae, I have a couple of rocks that grow algae regular cleaning is a must for those 2. I know some people dose their tanks with hydrogen peroxide but I noticed that lps don't like it either.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Curious, what are you trying to eradicate with the peroxide? I thought it only killed algae...though 1\4 peroxide to tank water seems like a lot, we use 1ml per gallon and dip for ten minutes when we are trying to get rid of algae on a colony at the farm...

·
Registered
160 Posts
i would have said to avoid dipping it unless you are killing of algae,

i would assume that if other shrooms are thriving, you should just find it a new spot in the tank, maybe its not happy there, not the right flow or or lighting, just try moving it to other spots till its happy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.